3RD ROUNDTABLE 2011, MOSCOW
The Ritz Carlton, Moscow, Russia
On 13 April 2011, the WIEF Foundation organised its third roundtable of the series in Moscow, Russia. This event consisted of 2 sessions on the topic of “Business Opportunities in the Halal Industry” and “Islamic Banking and Finance: Seeking New Markets”. The first session included a speech by Dato’ Seri Jamal Bidin, CEO of Halal Industry Development Corporation (HDC) which was read by H.E. Dato’ Zainol Abidin, Malaysian Ambassador to Russia.
The event featured discussions on the growing business opportunities in the Halal products industry and the exploration of new markets for Islamic banking and finance. 80 participants including the media graced the event.
- Halal Industry Development Corporation (HDC), Malaysia
- Embassy of Malaysia in Russia
- Embassy of Kazakhstan in Russia
- MATRADE, Moscow
- Russian Muftis Council (RMC)
- Ms. Madina Kalimullina, Director, Economic Department, Russian Muftis Council (RMC)
- Dr Alberto G. Brugnoni, Founder & Chairman of the Board, Association for the Development of Instruments of Alternatives and Financial Innovation (ASSAIF), Italy
- Dr. Adalet Djabiev, Founder and CEO, Al-Shams Capital, Russia
- Mr. Abas bin A. Jalil, Chief Operating Officer/Head, International Business, AmanahRaya Capital Group Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
- Mr. Linar G. Yakupov, Chairman of Small and Medium Enterprise Development Agency, Republic of Tatarstan