The main cogs of an economy are made up of a few key industries − manufacturing, agriculture, trade and tourism industries. With the advent of the pandemic, and how it has halted as well as redefined globalisation, there is a need to address what are the next steps towards a post pandemic era. One thing for certain is, technology plays a big part in the industries’ future growth. This session is a platform to discuss case studies by practitioners as well as to learn from their success, challenges faced and how they overcame it.
The programme aims to discuss the critical sectors heavily impacted by COVID-19 and how businesses are taking actions to revive their businesses and remain competitive post pandemic economic landscape.
Upon completion of this programme, participants will be able to:
- discuss the reconstruction and digitisation of the manufacturing system so as to be agile and adaptable, while keeping the costs minimal
- describe the ideals of smart factories and how to make it real and attainable
- discuss the urgency of leveraging on technology to raise farming productivity, while addressing scarcity of agricultural resources, such as land space, funds and manpower
- explain the vertical farming techniques such as hydroponics, aeroponics and aquaponics
- discuss the efforts and initiative of encouraging new generations to participate in agriculture business
- discuss the steps to create and promote sustainable tourism so as to allow the environment and population to co-exist, and thrive, while being contributor to the growth of an economy
- examine the impact of the oil and gas industry in view of the decline in energy demand as a result of the pandemic
- discuss how oil and gas industry could remain competitive and emerge stronger as economies come out of this global phenomena in 2021
Industry players, bankers, economist, accountants, governments, regulators, state government agencies and Capital Markets Services Representative’s Licence (CMSRL) holders.
MYR 371 nett per person | Eligible for 5 CPE points
|7 April 2020|
|3:00 PM – 4:30 PM||Post Pandemic Economic Landscape: Building Resilient Industries
iii) Travel & Tourism Industry
iv) Oil & Gas
|4:30 PM – 4:45 PM||Q&A session|
|5:00 PM||End of Programme|
Founder and CEO
Mattias Andersson is Founder and CEO of MTEK. It is a Swedish information systems company specialising in the digitisation of manufacturing information to gain unparalleled efficiency gains. He has been dubbed ‘the wizard from Alfta’ by a Swedish electronics magazine and aims to revamp the global manufacturing industry to be sustainable and efficient through full understanding of the information from the production floor. He has been an entrepreneur for over 20 years with prior startups that focused on improving information connectivity across a wide range of industries, from electronics to animal health. His early career was spent in world renown companies including Nokia and SCI.