To have a better understanding of the blue economy as one of the Islamic capital market fund raising instruments. Creating the blue sukuk will not only help to ensure protection and sustainable use of oceans through investment in the blue economy, but also help to build ocean resilience. Although relatively new, it has created much interest in blue financing which is needed for coastal areas that rely heavily on the ocean for food security, tourism and livelihoods. This session will also explore into the overall role of islamic fintech landscape that can play a vital role in assisting this sustainable agenda as well as identifying opportunities that can support the SDGs.
Outcome & Key Takeaways
- Case study discussion and outcome: the issuance of world’s first sovereign blue sukuk by the government of Seychelles, aimed at expanding the country’s marine-protected areas.
- Insights into the importance of strong legal and regulatory framework, and how to best manage ESG to attract environmental conscious investors to put their money where their values are.
- Perspectives on commitment from relevant stakeholders in ensuring the protection of marine biodiversity, while still maintaining business profitability.
- Current market trend and AUM
- How to attract more institutional investors
- Opportunities and Potential for Blue Sukuk in Asia Region
|30 November 2020|
|3:00 PM – 4:00 PM||Discussion on Diving into the Deep Blue: Possibilities for Islamic Fintech
The session will explore:
|4:00 PM – 4:15 PM||Q&A session|