Crowne Plaza, Manama, Bahrain
On 8 February 2011, the WIEF Foundation organised an inaugural roundtable in the WIEF’s Special Roundtable Series, on the topic of “The Future of Islamic Finance and Trade” at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Manama, Bahrain. The event featured a Special Address by Dr. Jamil El Jaroudi, Chief Executive Officer of Elaf Bank followed by a panel discussion amongst experts in the field of Islamic Trade and Finance.
One of the main points emanating from the discussion was the potential of implementing an Islamic payment system to promote trade within the Muslim World. 50 participants including the media graced the event.
- Dr. Jamil El Jaroudi, Chief Executive Officer, Elaf Bank of Bahrain
- Mr. Abdulhameed Abduljabbar Al Khooheji, Member of the Executive Committee, and Chairman, Industrial Sector Committee, Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industries
- Mr. Yerlan Baidaulet, Chairman, Islamic Finance Development Association, Kazakhstan & Chief Economic Adviser to the Deputy Prime Minister of Kazakhstan
- Mr. Adel Hasan Al A’ali, Second Vice-Chairman, Bahrain Chamber of Commerce & Industries, Chairman, Banking & Insurance Committee, and Chairman, Health Sector & Medical Services Committee
- Mr. Essa Al Ghurair, Vice Chairman, Al Ghurair Investment LLC, UAE
- Mr. Shahzad K. Sultan, Managing Director, Islamic Payment System, Malaysia (Moderator)