A delegation of industry experts, business leaders of financial, banking investment sectors, thought leaders and heads of OIC related organisations, led by Tun Musa Hitam, Chairman of World Islamic Economic Forum (WIEF) Foundation will convene for the International Advisory Panel (IAP) Meeting to discuss strategically on various business and economic areas today.
The Honourable Tun Musa Hitam, Chairman of the WIEF Foundation, said, “This IAP meeting will enable the WIEF Foundation to solidify partnerships, discuss deeply into relevant meeting agenda and work towards concrete initiatives in line with the theme for the 9th WIEF, “Changing World, New Relationships”. The meeting will also discuss noteworthy topics related to the 9th Forum and matters pertaining to the global economic outlook.
The WIEF International Advisory Panel (IAP) is the advisory body of the WIEF that provides strategic input and intellectual content for the annual global and regional WIEF as well as its related initiatives.
“Over the years, the appointed members and representatives have provided useful counsel and opinions. Their input has been used to draw up vital framework and concrete initiatives for the development of the global economy scene.” added Tun Musa.
Among the key focus areas of the WIEF IAP meeting will include the regional partnerships and cooperation among the countries which relate back to the WIEF Foundation ideals of “BUILDING BRIDGES THROUGH BUSINESS”.
The WIEF IAP members are industry movers and shakers from all specialities and fields and from various Muslim and non-Muslim countries including India, United Kingdom, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Australia, Kenya, Bangladesh, Switzerland, Indonesia, Turkey, and Morocco, among others.
List of the WIEF International Advisory Panel & Advisors attending 1/2013 WIEF IAP meeting are:
Tun Musa Hitam, Chairman, WIEF Foundation
- Ebrahim Patel, Chief Executive Officer, Magellan Investment Management, South Africa
- Tan Sri Dr Wan Mohd Zahid Mohd Noordin, Chairman, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Malaysia
- Ian Buchanan, Senior Executive Advisor, Booz & Co., Australia
- Tanri Abeng, Founder & Chairman, Executive Centre for Global Leadership, Indonesia
- Nasser Munjee, Chairman, Development Credit Bank Ltd & Chairman, Aga Khan Rural
- Support Programme, India
- Kunrat Wirasubrata, Officer-in-Charge, IDB Regional Office in Kuala Lumpur, Islamic Development Bank
- Hzaine El Hassane, Director General, Islamic Centre for the Development of Trade, Morocco
- Sevket Can Tulumen, Independent Industrialist and Businessmen’s Association (MUSIAD), Turkey
- Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Aziz, Advisor on Islamic Banking and Finance, WIEF Foundation and Chief Executive Officer, Hong Leong Islamic Bank, Malaysia
About the World Islamic Economic Forum (WIEF) Foundation
The WIEF Foundation, a not-for-profit organisation based in Kuala Lumpur, organises the annual World Islamic Economic Forum, a world-class business platform showcasing business opportunities in the Muslim world, and runs programmes of the various initiatives of the Foundation that strengthen people partnership and knowledge exchange between Muslim and non-Muslim communities across the globe.
True to its commitment to ‘Build Bridges Through Business’, the WIEF Foundation also formed the WIEF Businesswomen Network (WBN), WIEF Young Leaders Network (WYN) and the WIEF Education Trust (WET) to focus on initiatives such as roundtable discussions, leadership programmes, business networking forums, and even creative arts festivals. For more information, visit www.wief.org or www.9thwief.org.
For more information, kindly contact:
World Islamic Economic Forum Foundation
Shabana Palpanaban (+6012-3754957) or e-mail email@example.com